Conditions of Sale
- Advance bids in the mail or over the phone must be accompanied by a certified check for the full amount of the bid, refundable if the bidder is unsuccessful, or a valid Visa, Mastercard or American Express.
- TERMS: Cash; checks are considered cash provided the buyer is accredited with the auctioneers or with proper identification, valid Visa, Mastercard or American Express.
- All sales are final. Merchandise becomes the bidder's property when the hammer falls and the auctioneer calls the bidder's number.
- While Northgate Gallery has endeavored to catalogue and describe the property correctly, all property is sold "as is," and neither Northgate Gallery nor its consignor will be responsible for the description, genuineness, provenance, or condition of the property. No statement contained in the catalogue or made orally at the sale or elsewhere shall be deemed to be such a warranty or representation or an assumption of liability. Purchasers should satisfy themselves as to the condition, quality and description before bidding.
- Northgate Gallery reserves the right to withdraw any item at any time before the sale.
- The highest bidder acknowledged by the auctioneer shall be the purchaser. In the event of any dispute between bidders the auctioneer shall have absolute discretion either to determine the successful bidder, in which event his determination shall be final, or to reoffer and resell the article in dispute. If any dispute arises after the sale, Northgate Gallery's sale record shall be conclusive as to who was the purchaser, the amount of the highest bid, and in all other respects.
- If the auctioneer, in his sole and final discretion, decides that any original bid is not commensurate with the value of the article offered, or, having acknowledged sufficient amount, he may reject the same.
- Buyers must remove items purchased. Northgate Gallery will be happy to assist buyers in the delivery or shipping of purchases at the buyer's expense. Purchases must be removed within one week following the sale.
- A 10% buyer's premium will be added as part of the purchase price. A 15% buyers premium will added for online purchases.
- Payment for any item purchased is due within 14 days of the sale. Items not paid for within that time frame will be subject to forfeiture at Northgate’s sole discretion. For any item forfeited, you agree that you will continue to be responsible for any buyer’s premium due on said item as well as all other assessed costs. Payment may be made by wire transfer, cashier’s check, money order or credit card. Personal or company checks will only be accepted with prior approval. Restitution for any checks returned to Northgate for any reason will need to be received within two working days. Any check returned NSF will be subject to an NSF processing fee. For all unpaid or overdue amounts you will also be responsible for paying any and all collection costs including but not limited to collection agency fees and/or attorney’s fees and court costs.
- David Patterson - State License #101
- Sandra Clements - State License #1523
- Firm License #16
Our Next Auction at the shop in Hixson will be on Saturday, March 5, 2016.
Auction begins at 11:00 AM EST on March 5th..
Preview is Friday, March 4th from 8:00 AM until 8:00 PM and on Saturday, March 5th from 8:00 AM to sale time.
All phone bids and sealed bids, along with an American Express, Visa or Mastercard number, must be received by 3:00 PM on March 4, 2016 in order to be recorded for the sale on March 5, 2016.